2012 Volvo XC70 Review, Picture – The 2012 Volvo XC70 is getting to be an old vehicle, based on the previous generation of S60 sedan that was replaced a couple of years ago. The 2012 Volvo XC70 is not as curvaceous or noticeable as the XC60, but comes across as tougher, with both skid plates and body cladding. Inside, it shares the characteristic Volvo “floating” thin center console with an open storage bin behind the thin panel holding climate and sound-system controls. See also the Volvo V60 2011 for your information. The more powerful engine adds about $6,000 to the XC70′s base price of roughly $33,000. The 2012 Volvo XC70 includes many standard goodies, starting with dual-zone climate control, cruise control, and keyless entry, and progressing through to a power driver’s seat, heated side mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity, and fog lamps.
Sirius satellite radio is also standard. The turbo version comes with a moonroof as standard.
Volvo quotes its 0-to-60-mph time at around 7 seconds. Equally unsurprising, the non-turbo engine with front-wheel drive only is the most fuel efficient, with EPA ratings of 19 mpg city, 25 mpg highway. All-wheel drive knocks that down to 18 mpg city, 24 mpg highway with the base engine, and the turbo takes 1 mpg more off each rating, at 17 city, 23 highway.
As well as the safety options mentioned above, optional features include heated front and rear seats and wiper nozzles, washers for the headlamps, active bi-xenon headlamps, rear-view camera, and a 650-Watt Dynaudio surround-sound system.
The 2012 Volvo XC70 Specifications
- Gas Mileage 19 mpg City/25 mpg Hwy
- Engine Gas I6, 3.2L
- EPA Class 2WD Sport Utility Vehicle
- Style Name FWD 4dr Wgn 3.2L
- Drivetrain Front Wheel Drive
- Passenger Capacity 5
- Passenger Doors 4
- Body Style Station Wagon
- Transmission 6-speed Geartronic automatic transmission w/OD
- Maximum Alternator Capacity (amps) 180
- Cold Cranking Amps @ 0° F (Primary) 600
- Wt Distributing Hitch – Max Trailer Wt. (lbs) 3300
- Dead Weight Hitch – Max Trailer Wt. (lbs) 3300
- Dead Weight Hitch – Max Tongue Wt. (lbs) 330
- Wt Distributing Hitch – Max Tongue Wt. (lbs) 495
About the Author: